Monday, February 28, 2011

Obligatory Introduction Post

I fucking hate "mom blogs."

So naturally, I have to start one.

Here's the thing about mom blogs and mom bloggers, in general: They're all full of shit. Stay-at-home, organic, cloth-diapering, vegan, Ferberizing, coupon-clipping, attachment parenting, holier-than-thou Earth Mommies that boycott Nestle and don't own a TV. Whatever, man. You have fun with that.

Me? I'm a REAL mom. I have a 14-month old. I work 40 hours a week. I feed my kid hot dogs. She watches Nick Jr. Her clothes, while clean, are not organic or dye-free. I proudly wrap her butt in Pampers or Luvs. I haven't read a single parenting book. I do it my way, I do what feels right, I set limits on what is important to me.

What's gonna be here? Product reviews: not of Mama Nature's Organic Crispy Kale Puffs or Marissa & Dave's BPA-Free Wooden Learn-A-Ma-Jig, but of chicken nuggets or Fisher Price Little People or shampoo I treated myself to. Recipes: Not of Vegan Tofu Enlightenment Burgers, but macaroni and cheese and crock pot chicken. Amusing Anecdotes: Not of yesterday's adventures at the afternoon Mommy-and-Me class, but of what the hell really happens if you try to take a 14-month old to a restaurant for a "nice dinner out." ...and whatever the hell else I want. There might be curse words. There might be TMI. But there won't be any granola preachy crap that makes me roll my eyes.

Take it or leave it.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I am so happy I'm crying. I have been waiting for this for a long time on so many levels. I can't wait to read!